Peter Heintzelman, CFO, T5 Oil & Gas

Fast track success built on decades of experience

Peter Heintzelman, CFO, T5 Oil & Gas

At West African Oil & Gas: Risk, Reality and Reward Event
23 April 2015
View the Slides > Watch the Talk >

Speaker’s Biography

Peter Heintzelman benefits from over 24 years of experience within the energy sector in both investment banking and corporate roles. He is currently CFO of T5 Oil & Gas, a fast growing independent E&P operating company. He spent 7 years at Standard Bank Plc as Head of Energy Investment Banking for Middle East and East Africa in both Dubai and London. Peter has also held senior level positions at Shelf Drilling, Atlantic Energy, and Halliburton. Prior to joining T5, Peter consulted for Shelf Drilling in Dubai as it prepared for a main market listing, having previously worked on prior IPO processes as a CFO.

Need to know

T5 Oil & Gas is a fast growing independent E&P operating company formed by a number of ex-Tullow Oil Board members. T5 is building a well-diversified E&P company of scale across Africa. Its management team comprises internationally recognised executives with a longstanding track record of success. T5 is currently pursuing a strategy of acquiring low-breakeven, onshore production, funded privately, while simultaneously seeking an appropriate reverse-takeover opportunity, and is the operator of the Louga block in Senegal.


T5, through its acquisition of Blackstairs Energy Senegal, acquired a 27,000 km2 Production Sharing Agreement in the Louga Block, onshore Senegal. It holds a 90% initial working interest in the block with the remaining 10% held by Petrosen. The T5 management team has extensive knowledge and experience of exploration in Senegal and is focused on becoming a major participant in the area.

T5 Oil & Gas
Corporate Presentation

Building a diversified publicly listed oil and gas company of scale

Read More >

T5 Oil & Gas
Farm-in Opportunity

Senegal - one of Africa’s most politically and economically stable countries

Read More >